BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hard Drive

So, my computer crashed a while back, and I just got it back with a brand-new hard drive. Here’s the thing: they gave us the old one back. The fried one? Yeah, it’s sitting on my altar at the moment.
Pagans form connections to things that mean a lot to us. I think we all know I’m very attached to my computer. But, when I think about it, I’m not attached to my computer, I’m attached to the files and the things a computer can do. So, that would basically make me attached to the hard drive.
I suppose you can say it has a high concentration of my energy, because my computer is, quite literally, glued to my lap from the time I wake up until the time I crash.
When I found out they gave us back the old drive, I immediately took it and now, it’s sitting on my altar, doing nothing.

I don’t want to just pitch it. It’s a part of my life. When I hold it, I can feel it’s energy. But, I have no idea what to do with it. Do I just have it sit on my altar? Do I make a talisman? Do I use it as a ritual item? I don’t know. I don’t exactly know what to do with it.
I suppose I’ll find the answer eventually, but at the moment, I seem like a hoarder.

2 comments:

Saoirse McGinnis said...

Not much I can suggest...

But what with Samhain coming up in a couple months, you can do a "burning" ritual, where you symbolically cut that part out of your life.

I know it may seem extreme, but sometimes you need a clean start. Maybe this was a way for the universe to let you know.

Anonymous said...

Good suggestion! I agree Lea, maybe cutting the chord will let you start fresh :)

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.