BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Heron/Egret

Animal totems are animals that we share characteristics with. Some call them spirit animals.
Everyone has one main totem animal, which helps throughout life, but you can always call on the spirits of animals to help you.

Some traits of the Heron or Egret totem
- Aggressive
- Self-Determination
- Self-Reliance

A Heron and Egret totem teaches balance; the ability to progress and evolve -- to walk into deeper waters without fear.

It is important for someone with a Heron and Egret totem to learn to stand on their own two feet, to become independent and self-reliant.

Heron and Egret has a strong connection to the element of Earth and you must also be aware and cultivate this connection. The Mother Earth is a source of strength
and will help you stand strong and firm

Heron medicine allows you to perform many tasks at the same time, keeping all in balance. If one way doesn't work, then another way will. Heron and Egret people seem to instinctively know this.

Heron people do not need a lot of people in their life and they are often follow non-traditional roles. They feel no need to "keep up with the Jones." They stand out in their uniqueness and know how to take advantage of things and events that most people wouldn't bother with. You know what is best for you and you should follow that path. Be aggressive when opportunities present themselves -- don't let them get away from you.

Meditation on color will provide insight to Heron and Egret people

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hmmm. Maybe I'm a Heron/Egret person. I don't have all that many "close" friends, more aquaintances really. And I kinda march to my own drum.

Thanks for posting this. Never would have thought about it.

---Lea Elisabeth said...

no problem :)
Totem animals can be complicated. My friend, tiny little thing, has the giant squid as a totem.

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.