BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How-To...Form An Incense Cone

So, I'm feeling a little more crafty today, and I want to post something that was more hands-on.
This is a basic instruction set for how to form an incense cone. You can buy cones at some places, but most stores sell stick forms. I've never personally used incense cones (I'm a stick girl myself), but a lot of people like the cones. These cones are extra personal, because you'll have made them.


1. Dissolve gum Arabica in water, approximately one part powder to two parts water
2. Allow the material to soak for approximately three hours
3. In the meantime, pulverize the herbal material to be used until it is finely powdered (using a mortar or pestle or other grinding tool)
4. Mix this powder into the liquid until it can be shaped into small cones
5. Allow to dry completely in a warm area

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.