BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sabbats and Deities-Samhain

Okay, so, yesterday because my BOS page was from the Egyptian pantheon, it's felt like I did two deities of the day in a row. So, today, I present to you...a list of deities that are commonly called on during Samhain. As Samhain is coming up, you can all use this list to help you during your rituals, should you not have one yet.
Al-Ilat-Semetic
Am-Heh-Egyptian
Anubis-Egyptian
Baba Yaga-Slavic
Bast-Egyptian
Cerridwen-Celtic
Corn Father-Native American
Coyote Brother-Native American
Epona/Rhiannon-Celtic
Fortuna-Roman
Frigg/Freya-Norse
Ghede-Voodoo
Hades-Greek
Hecate-Greek
Hel-Norse
Inanna-Summerian
Ishtar-Babylonian
Kali-Hindu
Lilith-Mesopotamian
Loki-Norse
Mari-Pre-christian France/Spain
Nefertum-Egyptian
Odin/Woden-Norse
Pluto-Roman
The Morrigan-Celtic
Zorya Vechernaya-Slavic

Wow, There has been so much about deities this week! Tomorrow is another BOS page, maybe it won't be about deities: I'm posting a DotD on Friday because I'll be groggy from surgery, so a DotD post is easy to write and post either before I go to bed Friday morning, or schedule the post for sometime that afternoon.
It might be a Deity Week! Like Shark Week, but with Gods and Goddesses.

1 comments:

SpiritPhoenix said...

Wow that's quite the list. Thanks for posting.

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.