BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

12 Days of Yule: Day Eleven

My mom and I are Pagans. Actually, I’m going to be a bit more specific. I’m an eclectic Pagan who customizes how she worships, and my mom is a Wiccan. My dad is a Christian/Agnostic.
Yeah, we’re a pretty crazy bunch, with a lot of conflicting ideas.

We’ve had to really compromise this year for the holidays (my mom converted this year). Yes, we have four Christmas trees, and we have a nativity and a pentagram. It’s a little strange when people walk in.

I think we see Christmas as an excuse to hang out with family and friends and spoil them, without really much religious overtones. Even for Yule, I don’t think we’re doing that much out of the ordinary. My extended family doesn’t even say grace unless my grandmother is there, so they really don’t have any sort of religious connection either.

Anyway, do any of you have to blend your holidays? How do you do it?

I have a question as well. I like some of the Christian holiday music. Mary’s Boy Child is probably my favourite. Does this make me a bad Pagan?

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.