BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 28, 2009

Animal Omens

I found this list in a book Lisey let me borrow called Witches All. It's a good book, really interesting. Lots of really good history in it.

This is a list of animal omens. I've never actually used animals for divination, so this list is also just for fun.

If you hear an owl hooting in the forest before midnight, it warns of trouble to come. If heard after midnight, it is a sign that death is near.

When you see a frog in early spring, creep up behind it and gently stroke its back with your finger. You will know true love before the snow flies.

And if you see a spider:
In the morning-you’ll know shame
At midday-pleasure and profit
In the afternoon-a gift it brings
In the evening-joy and mirth

Upon seeing crows, remember
One for sorrow,
Two for mirth,
Three for a wedding,
Four for a birth

Bad tidings in one quarter; an omen of disaster in another yet all witches know: black cat arrives, good fortune thrives

It is a bad omen to meet or follow a flock of sheep

A visit from a tricoloured cat will bring good luck. If you can entreat it to stay, magic paths will open before you.

Should a black dog coming to your home unbidden and take up residence with you—welcome the beast, for you can be sure good fortune will follow

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.