BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Losing Touch

What do you do to recharge and re-energize? How do you get back in touch with yourself after being so caught up in the mundane of every-day life, work and bills?
Also, I'm curious how you recognize that you've lost touch. Is there some sort of signal, some sign that you notice, that tells you it's time to take a break?
--Pagan Blog Prompts

Because I’m still working on processing my books, I can really tell when I’m drained. When I’m really in-touch with what I’m doing, I’m literally on a roll. I can finish huge books in a day or two. But when I’m really drained, I work at a snail’s pace and end up doing almost nothing.

I usually push through it, or negotiate with myself. Right now, I should be working on processing, but I’m typing up this blog post, so I’m not doing something totally pointless. Sometimes I just give up, but that’s usually for things that are less important. When I feel out of touch, I usually get really upset with myself, because I feel bad for not doing anything.

If I really need to recharge, I usually just do whatever I want. I ignore what I “have” to do, and focus on what I “want” to do. And if what I “want” to do is read comments on FSTDT, then I do it. Eventually, what I want to do will become what I need to do, and the cycle repeats.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This reminds me a lot of the Native medicine wheel. Each colour (red, yellow, white, black) represents a direction, a particular medicine, a race of people, well, a whole darn lot of things, and particularly a type of healing. The four types of healing are physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. One way to not lose touch is to think of these four aspects of life every day and keep them in balance. Look at where you're concentrating too much and where you're lacking.

Sunfire said...

I know the feeling all too well of feeling mad at yourself for not doing anything. Happens to me a lot.

Thanks again for continuing to respond at Pagan Blog Prompts!
~Sunfire

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.