BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Mandalas

Mandala: Mandala (Sanskrit '' "essence" + "having" or "containing", also translates as "circle-circumference" or "completion", both derived from the Tibetan term dkyil khor'') is a concentric diagram having spiritual and ritual significance in both Buddhism and Hinduism

I've always been interested in mandalas. They are pretty little geometric things that are not only spiritual, but meditative and something pretty and abstract you can have in your home and not be criticized by people who have no idea what a mandala is.
Mandalas can be made with a variety of techniques including hand drawing, painting, sand art, etching, carving, and in modern times with photographs arranged in a program like Photoshop, or on programs designed for mandala creation like Mandala Painter.

Some of us, however, lack the imagination to draw our own mandalas, even digitally.
I am one such case.
Instead, when I want to work with a mandala, I’m going to use my knowledge of colour magic to colour in blank mandalas, either by hand or on Photoshop. It’s some focus, at least.
Eventually, I think I’ll try my hand in programs like Photoshop to create a mandala using a picture.

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.