BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Miroku

Miroku is the Japanese name for Maitreya, an incarnation of the Buddha. He resides in Tusita Heaven, which is attainable through mediation. According to tradition, Miroku will appear when the Dharma is no longer taught. There are many “signs” that will signal Miroku’s appearance, including the swelling of the oceans.
There have been many self-proclaimed Miroku’s, including the failed science-fiction author and founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard.

Fun Facts:
- Miroku is the name of the monk in the popular InuYasha graphic novel and anime series
- Miroku is the sword wielded by Mikoto from the anime and manga, My-Hime

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.