BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Consecration and Dedication Ritual

There are so many consecration and dedication rituals it's not even funny. Well, maybe it is a little funny.
Here's one ritual. Feel free to adapt it to whatever your needs are.

1. Choose a substance or object to represent each of the four elements: air, earth, fire and water. Commonly used are: incense for air, a candle for fire, a cup of water for water, and a bowl of salt for earth. These are just tradition, and other things may be substituted. Let your instincts guide you.
2. Take the object and pass it through the wafting smoke of the incense and say “now inspired with the breath of air...”
3. Pass the object swiftly through the fire of the candle (or as safely as you can over it, if the object is flammable) and say “...burnished by fire...”
4. Sprinkle the object with water and say “...purified by water...”
5. Dip the object into the bowl of salt and say: “...empowered by the earth.”
6. Hold the object with both hands before you chant and imagine an enveloping, warm white light purifying it. Say “Steeped in spirit and bright with light”
7. Place the object upon your altar and say: “By my hand, charged and changed. This (object) I will use for the purpose of good in this world. I hereby consecrate this tool.”

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.