BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Necronomicon Tarot

We went to Chapters today, and they had TWO shelves of Tarot decks. It was awesome. Though a lot of them I either had or didn't want, they did have one deck that caught my eye.
Necronomicon Tarot
Yes, this is an H. P. Lovecraft tarot deck. Now, I've never personally read any of H. P. Lovecraft's books, but I'm asking for them for Christmas, but I absolutly adore the Cthulhu mythos.

If anyone knows about Chick Tracts--little Evangelical cartoons about the "dangers" of Catholics, homosexuality and of course Pagans--there is a parody of these made with Cthulhu:

http://rubbersuitstudios.com/ptcct.htm
http://www.fredvanlente.com/cthulhutract/pages/index.html

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.