BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ninigi and a quick note.

Yay! Another Deity of the Day! Today's God comes from Japan, and goe by the name of Ninigi. He is also known as Ninigi-No-Mikoto.
He is a God of rice, and part of the Japanese royal family. His grandmother, the Goddess Amaterasu, left him in control of the most treasured objects: a mirror, a necklace and a sacred sword.

A note about Deities of the Day: these are meant as little introductions to deities from different cultures, so if you find one that interests you, you can go and reseatch out more. I hope I can help you expand your pantheon knowledge, so you can pick gods that are right for you.

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.