BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pekko

It's been a while since I did a DotD.

Today's, I'm going to introduce you to Pekko. Pekko, also known as Peko, Pellon-Pekko, Pellonpekko and Pellervo, is the God of fields and crops. He protects all growing crops and encourages them to grow.

He can easily be petitioned by offering him beer, or growing beer crops (such as barley).

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.