BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Composing Magic by Ellizabeth Barrette

Oh my gods, thank you SO much Magaly Guerrero of Pagan Culture for sending me this book. I started reading it pretty much as soon as I got it, and was in love. I'm so inspired. I can't wait to get started.

Composing Magic is a book about how to write different Pagan-related things. It explains how to write religious poetry, songs/hymns (yes, I know it's a Christian term, but that works for me), prayers, spells and rituals.

I find that a lot of Pagans who follow very popular paths (Celtic being number one, followed by Norse and Native American) are very blessed with finding spells, rituals, prayers and poems with thier own deities and associations. Don't get me wrong, these are super easy to edit, but sometimes I don't like doing that.

When I google "Cama Zotz", I'm lucky to get information I need, let alone prayers and rituals about him.

Plus, I don't always like using "Mad Lib" style of rituals or prayers (Mad Lib Style: you fill in the blank, as it were, like the Mad Lib games).

So, I'm going to be writing my own stuff. HOW EXICTING! I can do all my edits and re-writes on my computer, then handwrite them out using my blown glass dip pen my cousin bought me.

Awesome.

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.