BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Cracked.com

Okay, Cracked.com is hilarious.
I just read one of thier old articles "11 Movies Saved by Historial Inaccuracy", and I just read number three, about the film "Apocalypto"

Apocalypto's inaccuracy was the fact that all these Mayan's did was sacrifice people to Kukulkan/Quetzalcoatl. Okay, the Mayan's did sacrifice people, but not to Kukulkan/Quetzalcoatl.
In the words of Cracked:
"In fact, the Mayan sun god Kukulkan, to whom the sacrifice is made in the movie, never asked for and was never given such a sacrifice, so whatever priest was offering Kukulkan a human heart was probably just creeping him the fuck out."


Now, I want to have a movie night with Quetzy and watch Apocalypto to laugh.

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.