BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

When Nostalgia Attacks!

I’m a nerd. Actually, let’s be more specific: I’m a Trekkie. My mom is a Trekkie as well, so I was introduced to it at an early age.
When I was young, around the age of seven or eight, I watched all the episodes of Star Trek: The Animated Series on VHS on the little TV I had in my room at our vacation home. Possibly my favorite episode is season 2, episode 5: How Sharper than a Serpent’s Tooth. In this episode, the Enterprise crew encounters an ancient space alien who resembles the god Kukulkan which is what they call him in the show. Another name for Kukulkan is Quetzalcoatl.
Anyway, this is the episode I would request most often.

I was young at the time, so I never did any more research into Kukulkan. At the time, we still went to Church and my image of “God” became more and more reptilian and much like the animated Kukulkan.

Recently, I’ve gotten into contact with Quetzalcoatl, and he is awesome. He is thrilled with How Sharper than a Serpent’s Tooth. He doesn’t care that they portray him as some long-lived alien; he’s just thrilled to be in anything. In fact, he loves the new Indiana Jones movie, because they use Aztec/Mayan myths.

I just re-watched How Sharper than a Serpent’s Tooth. I forgot how undeniably hilarious it was.

PS: The Animated Series of Star Trek has an episode called The Magicks of Megas-Tu, which has many pagan and Wiccan themes. Remember: this incarnation of the show was aired in the mid 70s.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol love that guy...

---Lea Elisabeth said...

lol
"You know...I'm in that book" ;)

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.