BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Brown

Brown is a boring colour for a lot of people. And yes, I will admit, it is not one of my favorite colours. But, for certain types of candle and colour magic, brown is a very important and key colour.

Technopagans: use hex triplet #964B00 for brown!

Used for: Healing animals or the home, balanced colour, neutrality, house blessing, locates physical objects that have been lost, influencing friendships, special favours, attract money and financial success, influence Earth Elementals, improves powers of concentration, ESP, intuition, study, telepathy, spiritual attachment to the earth. Peace in the home; herb magic; friendship
Element: Air/Fire
Direction: East/South
Chakra: Spleen Chakra
Planet: Mercury/Mars
Day: Tuesday-Physical action, Wednesday-mental action, Sunday-both actions
Number: 2
Magical Tools: Wand and Censor
Scent/Oil: Dill, lily of the valley, savory, honeysuckle, sweetpea, jasmine
Planet/Herb: Ferm, Lily of the Valley, Marjorma, Savory, Valerian, Vervain, Alstonia, Buckwheat, Calamint, Snapdragon, Flax, Senna, Wandering Jew, Mugwort, Rue, Ferugreek, Gardenia
Wood: Hazel, Beech, Lemon Tree, Maple, Orange Tree
Animals: Bear, Horse, Wolf, Ram, marsupials and night creatures, Tigers, Lions, Badger, Alligator, Ants, beetle, Cardinal, porcupine, Chicken, Peacock,Swallow, prairie dog, butterfly, scallop, bison, butterfly, catbird, crane, fox, hawk, martin, squirrel
Stones: Moss Agate, Carnelian, Alexandrite, Orange Sapphire, Quartz, Orange Calcite, Petrified Wood
Tarot: Eights
Gods: Atlas, Janus, Terminus, Pan, Zeus
Goddess: Athena, Bast, Carna, Diana, Lilith, Kali, Melusine, Minerva, Rhiannon, Syn
Gender: Female

A special note about Dark Brown. Though all browns are "earth" colours, the darker the brown, the closer the connection to the Earth and Earth benefits.

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.