BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

12 Days of Yule: Day Eight

Yule symbols are pretty universal during the winter season, so no doubt you already know most of these!

Holly berries and leaves
Apples
Winter birds such as Cardinals
Fairies
Lights
Snowflakes
Candles
Stags
Suns
Moons
Gingerbread men
Mistletoe
Acorns
Bayberry and cranberry garlands
Wreaths
Santa’s
Mirrored Glass Globes
And of course, the Yule Log.

These symbols are so popular today, because they are ancient symbols, so we don’t really think they have much symbolic value.
Nice short post compared to my last three days!

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.