BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 14, 2009

12 Days of Yule: Day Two

There are many different Winter deities, form various pantheons. Here is a short list of deities associated with Yule.
- Aket (Egyptian)
- Apollo (Greek)
- Changing Woman (Native American)
- Chronos (Greek)
- Eve (Christian/Jewish)
- Father Sun (Native American)
- Gaia (Greek)
- Heket (Egyptian)
- Helios (Greek)
- Horus (Egyptian)
- Janus (Roman)
- Jesus (Christian)
- Kwan Yin (Chinese)
- Lilith (Christian/Jewish)
- Llew/Lugh (Celtic)
- Ma’at (Egyptian)
- Metzil (Aztec)
- Nox (Greek)
- Oak/Holly King (Celtic)
- Pandora (Greek)
- Pax (Roman)
- Ra (Egyptian)
- Saturn (Roman)
- Ukko (Finnish)
- Virgin Mary (Christian)
- Yachimata-Hiko (Japanese)
- Yemana (African)

Yes, I did include the Christian Virgin Mary and Jesus, simply because they are associated with the holiday. This list is by no means complete, but it should give you a good grasp.
Stay tuneed for tomorrow: the Yule Log

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.