BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Giving Stones back to the Earth

I have about five or six stones in a plastic baggie with crystals. These crystals, I have no idea what they are, and they feel more like regular rocks you find on the ground than any sort of special crystla. Long story short: I don't really like them.

So, I want to get rid of them, and I don't want to just toss them. I'm thinking about giving them back to the Earth.
I have a couple of ideas.

One, I go out when I have time, maybe after class tomorrow, and just toss them either in the small forest near my house, or by the small pond by the house. The pros would be they would be out of my room and I could get it done right away. I would smudge the stones and then take them outside and toss them wherever I chose. The cons, however, would be that when the snow melts, though the small stones will probably be carried away, a few of the larger ones would then rest atop the earth.

The second option is that I can wait until spring and bury the stones in the muddy grass. This would really "give" the stones back to the earth, but it would be messy and I would have to wait until all our snow was gone, which would be April.

I'm up for suggestions, ideas, or just voting on which idea you think would work. I keep staring at this bag of stones and all I can think of is getting rid of it.

DISCLAIMER

A lot of my information is directly copy-pasted frm my own Book of Shadows, collected over the past couple of years from a variety of sourses. I try to credit where I can, and I try to paraphrase and change words around without changing meanings as much as I can.
IF YOU SEE YOUR INFORMATION HERE: Please let me know, I'll be more than happy to credit you. The best way to contact me is to leave a comment on the post, and I'll be sure to edit the post as soon as I get the message.